Welcome to Jester's Trek.
I'm your host, Jester. I've been an EVE Online player for about six years. One of my four mains is Ripard Teg, pictured at left. Sadly, I've succumbed to "bittervet" disease, but I'm wandering the New Eden landscape (and from time to time, the MMO landscape) in search of a cure.
You can follow along, if you want...

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

2011 predictions

The first major incursions are being run today, so I'm going to take a moment, plug myself a little, and link to some predictions I made about six weeks ago for EVE in 2011:

http://www.scrapheap-challenge.com/viewtopic.php?p=1456945#1456945

My very first prediction was:
Incursion will be delivered beautifully feature-complete with high quality... and yet its main feature won't work worth a damn anyway because hundreds of PvP griefers will make it nearly impossible to complete incursion sites as intended.
I present you with the first battlefied pic from an incursion.

Doesn't quite make my first prediction "true" yet, but I'd say it's well on its way.  ;-)

Some of those predictions were a little off-hand (the gunnery one, in particular), but with one month of the year gone, I really like my chances for most of them.  In particular, I have a really hard time believing Incarna will actually be pushed to the EVE community if there's nothing to do in it.  I find it much easier to believe it will be delayed to next January.  Could be totally wrong.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.