Welcome to Jester's Trek.
I'm your host, Jester. I've been an EVE Online player for about six years. One of my four mains is Ripard Teg, pictured at left. Sadly, I've succumbed to "bittervet" disease, but I'm wandering the New Eden landscape (and from time to time, the MMO landscape) in search of a cure.
You can follow along, if you want...

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Another use for incursions

When I teach PvP classes, I teach people how to make good safespots.  One of the things I mention for high-sec wardecs is to look at where your missions take you, because they're often in a random direction at a random distance from any celestial.

The same, only moreso, for Sansha incursions.  Some of the sites are in the middle of freakin' nowhere, way off the plane of the ecliptic and well outside the 14.4 AU scanning range of directional.  I just passed through an incursion system and on a whim, warped to one of the starter sites.  It put me well above the plane of every celestial in the system, and 29.6 AU from the closest object: a perfect safespot.

If your home system or your favorite hunting ground gets an incursion, take the opportunity to pick up a few really good safespots from the sites!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.