Welcome to Jester's Trek.
I'm your host, Jester. I've been an EVE Online player for about six years. One of my four mains is Ripard Teg, pictured at left. Sadly, I've succumbed to "bittervet" disease, but I'm wandering the New Eden landscape (and from time to time, the MMO landscape) in search of a cure.
You can follow along, if you want...

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Oh. Well, that's all right, then.

We want to ensure everyone has the portrait of their choice. So now that we have made the UI clearer we will give all characters who have already completed character customization a chance to recustomize. This will be a one-time recustomization to be used during the grace period.
Quote from http://www.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&bid=846

Since every toon gets a free do-over on customization, I went ahead and did new toons for my three mains.  I'll look at them for a few weeks and decide if I want a re-do after that.

I know I want to redo my main alt, though.  She's only the second toon I did with the new tool.  Despite virtually everyone else's inability to find a way to get a good Gallente face-stretch, I managed to stumble into it somehow.

In short, she looks like she should be marrying Prince Charles.

I got the facial expression that I wanted, though, including the Spockian eyebrow.  But virtually everything else is wrong.  Most of the female hairstyles... oy.

So now it remains to be seen how much the recustomization will allow.  Just the final panel with lighting, pose, and expression?  Or will redoing hair-style and facial structure be allowed as well?

1 comment:

  1. The female hairstyles are pretty darn terrible, yes. Faces take a *lot* of tinkering to get right, but it's pretty good when things click. Seems pretty versatile overall. The controls are rather nice, I find!


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.