Welcome to Jester's Trek.
I'm your host, Jester. I've been an EVE Online player for about six years. One of my four mains is Ripard Teg, pictured at left. Sadly, I've succumbed to "bittervet" disease, but I'm wandering the New Eden landscape (and from time to time, the MMO landscape) in search of a cure.
You can follow along, if you want...

Monday, January 17, 2011

Quote of the Week: "[Un]desirable macro-scale outcomes."

From part three of the December CSM Summit minutes, from the discussion about Jump Bridges:
“[CCP has] gone [too far] in the direction of making players lives easy – we've got jump freighters and jump bridges and all this [stuff] – and I think there is an agreement here [at CCP] that we want to pull back from that. We would like to pull back as far as we can get away with. But how far can we go?” The underlying point is the need to get a balance between avoiding frustration and getting desirable macro-scale outcomes.
I like this quote for two reasons:

1. The accurate transcription.  I doubt they were talking about "all this stuff", don't you?  ;-)
2. That phrase "desirable macro-scale outcomes".  From now on, I'm going to stop using the phrase "unintended consequences" and start using the phrase "undesirable macro-scale outcomes."  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.