Welcome to Jester's Trek.
I'm your host, Jester. I've been an EVE Online player for about six years. One of my four mains is Ripard Teg, pictured at left. Sadly, I've succumbed to "bittervet" disease, but I'm wandering the New Eden landscape (and from time to time, the MMO landscape) in search of a cure.
You can follow along, if you want...

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Fit of the Week: 4 LST Scimitar

[Scimitar, 4 LST]
Damage Control II
Capacitor Power Relay II
Capacitor Power Relay II
Capacitor Power Relay II

10MN Afterburner II
Invulnerability Field II
Invulnerability Field II
Cap Recharger II
Large Shield Extender II

Large S95a Partial Shield Transporter
Large S95a Partial Shield Transporter
Large S95a Partial Shield Transporter
Large S95a Partial Shield Transporter

Medium Ancillary Current Router I
Medium Ancillary Current Router I

Warrior II x5
Light Armor Maintenance Bot I x4


I think I'll do support ships as FOTWs for the next couple of weeks.  With that in mind, I present one of my favorite Scimitar fits.  Scimitars have a truly silly amount of CPU, so you can be really creative about how you fit them.  They're quite versatile.  This Scimi version is the increasingly popular "4 LST" version, mounting four Large Shield Transporters.  In this case, I've mated the four LSTs with a really strong sig/shield tank.  My favorite Guardian fit has a sig radius of 70 meters in the right hands -- about the size of a freakin' thumb-tack.  This Scimi isn't very much bigger, at 90 meters, and that's with an LSE fitted!  Double Invulns plus the DC give this Scimi strong resistances across the board.

The Afterburner keeps sig radius low, allows you to maintain a lot of transversal velocity, and avoids the capacitor issues that a MWD fit introduces.  This way of fitting a Scimi would make it a perfect mate to the Thundercat Tengu fit I posted a few days ago, as well as alpha Maelstroms, or even sniper BC/HAC fleets (if anyone's still running those).  For a true roaming brawler BC gang, though, you'll probably need a MWD Scimi (a future FOTW, or you can take off one of the LSTs, put on your MWD, and go from there, hint hint).

Three Cap Power Relays in the lows plus the single Cap Recharger keep this fit cap-stable at Logistics V, even with every repper and active mod running.  And most interesting of all, this Scimi fit is not only useful for PvP, it's just as useful -- maybe even more useful -- in PvE.  Feel free to bring this fit into a wormhole, incursion, 10/10 site, or tough L4 mission (like the bonus room of Angel Extravaganza).  I myself have flown this fit in C5 WH sites and been primaried by a full Sleeper BS wave without having the tank break, though of course I had another logi in close proximity to assist.

A flight of light drones is your PvP kill-mail whoring option if you want one.  If you don't care about whoring, carry five Hornet EC-300s as a GTFO option instead.  Every Scimi should carry a partial flight of armor rep drones, though, to keep your tackler's armor repped up after big fights.  For PvE, your drones can clear frigates while you concentrate on reps on the heavy DPS ships.  Keep the light armor rep drones to keep your own drones repaired.

If you expect to encounter jamming, you can remove either the second Invuln or the Cap Recharger and replace it with an ECCM mod.  If you choose the Invuln, your tank will be quite a bit thinner (particularly to kinetic damage).  If you choose the Cap Recharger, you will no longer be cap-stable with all four LSTs running continuously but will still be cap-stable with three and can pulse the fourth.

Scimitars are the best of the logi options for small-gang PvP roaming, and you'll never be turned away from a fleet while flying them.  Better still, virtually every reputable PvP corp will reimburse your Scimitar loss to encourage you to keep flying them.  They're also incredibly useful for incursion-running corps and WH corps.  As a result, they're a terrific low-risk, high-value option for members looking to build a positive rep with a new corp or alliance.

Fly useful.  ;-)

4 comments:

  1. I know this is an old post but I have to ask.... Why do you have Light Armor Maintenance Bots on the Scimi?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good question. I should have mentioned that. For PvP, because sooner or later, someone will dip into armor despite your best efforts. For PvE, sooner or later, someone's drones will.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, now that I re-read the post, I DID mention this. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.