Welcome to Jester's Trek.
I'm your host, Jester. I've been an EVE Online player for about six years. One of my four mains is Ripard Teg, pictured at left. Sadly, I've succumbed to "bittervet" disease, but I'm wandering the New Eden landscape (and from time to time, the MMO landscape) in search of a cure.
You can follow along, if you want...

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Motivation

From another of my favorite flicks (and books), The Hunt For Red October:
Captain Ramius: When he reached the New World, Cortez burned his ships. As a result, his men were well motivated. 
Darius III has responded to my bounty on his head.  His statement that he's been on vacation is a valid one, and I'm perfectly willing to accept that explanation, and that he'll begin applying himself to the position to which he was elected.  We all have real lives, after all.  Those take precedence over EVE, believe it or not, hee.

So the contest and the bounty are hereby suspended.  However, I reserve the right to "unsuspend" them at a later date if conditions warrant.

As an aside, I seem to have stumbled upon a valid method of motivating CSM members who are unwilling to take their positions seriously.  ;-)

3 comments:

  1. I don't think that'll work on Mittens, is the bounty on him not huge anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chances of Mittens abdicating his responsibilities while holding onto a CSM seat are pretty much nil, though. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boo... shoot, I should of re-subbed my account and grabbed that corpse of Darius III. Shit, what a waste.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.