Welcome to Jester's Trek.
I'm your host, Jester. I've been an EVE Online player for about six years. One of my four mains is Ripard Teg, pictured at left. Sadly, I've succumbed to "bittervet" disease, but I'm wandering the New Eden landscape (and from time to time, the MMO landscape) in search of a cure.
You can follow along, if you want...

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Fit of the Week: 1600mm Plate Guardian

[Guardian, 1600mm Plate]
Damage Control II
Armor Thermic Hardener II
Armor EM Hardener II
Dark Blood Armor Kinetic Hardener
1600mm Reinforced Rolled Tungsten Plates I

10MN Afterburner II
Conjunctive Radar ECCM Scanning Array I

Large 'Solace' I Remote Bulwark Reconstruction
Large 'Solace' I Remote Bulwark Reconstruction
Large 'Solace' I Remote Bulwark Reconstruction
Medium 'Solace' I Remote Bulwark Reconstruction
Large 'Regard' I Power Projector
Large 'Regard' I Power Projector

Medium Ancillary Current Router I
Medium Ancillary Current Router I

Hornet EC-300 x5

From the "screw it" file.  ;-)  I had another six or eight ship fittings planned to post, in various stages of completion.  Since GA is kind of a thin topic to write about, until I take the next step in my MMO wanderings, I've decided to go ahead and post these fittings.  I've also noticed that a ton of people continue to search this blog for fittings for this or that class of ship, so that's further encouragement.  ;-)

So, to go with the Scimitar I posted some weeks back, here is my favorite Guardian fit.  This Guardian is a perfect match for a fleet of the afterburner Zealots that were a FOTW in February.  If your Zealots or other attack ships are carrying a projected ECCM in their mids somewhere, that combined with the native ECCM on this Guardian will make it all but unjammable.  This Guardian also works great in PvE, notably Incursion sites.

Guardians typically carry an 800mm plate, but given the popularity of volley damage in today's EVE, a 1600mm plate is probably a better choice.  All Guardians need a partner -- usually in an identically-fit ship -- to cap transfer to.  Having such a partner makes this fit cap-stable assuming both partners have Logistics V.  Since Guardians tend to be primary targets for enemy fleets and because armor reppers add their benefit at the end of the cycle rather than the beginning, it's a good idea to go ahead and devote the medium repper in this fit to your cap-transfer partner, in addition to one of your power transfer mods.  That gives you three spare reppers and one spare power transfer, the latter of which may be given to a second Guardian or a power-hungry battleship.  Or if your cap-transfer partner only has Logistics IV, you will need to send him the output of both cap transfer mods to keep him cap-stable.

The 1600mm plate, damage control, and three active hardeners are your tank, and -- combined with its tiny sig radius -- make this Guardian very resilient.  The faction hardener isn't too expensive: 12-15 million, which is a small price to pay compared to the base ship cost.  It also doesn't matter too much which of the three hardeners is the faction one; it's mostly there to reduce the CPU utilization.  However, faction hardeners can overheat longer than standard ones, and Drakes/Tengus are a serious danger to Guardians.  I therefore chose the kinetic hardener for this purpose for my Guardians.  If you're facing these missile-firing ships, go ahead and overheat it.  It will last five minutes or so depending on your skill and push your kinetic resistance close to 90%.

The ECM drones complete the package, though you could of course carry Warriors instead for kill-mail whoring, or Hobgoblins if you're supporting PvE.

If you really need four large armor reppers, then take off the 1600mm plate and replace it with an 800mm one.  At that point, you don't need a second Ancillary Current Router, so you can replace it with a Medium Anti-Thermic Pump armor rig to bring thermic resistance in line with the others.  That will leave you with a small CPU problem, which you can solve with a second faction hardener.  This will give you the four large reppers, but leave you with a thinner buffer, so you'll have to be more careful about how you fly.

Happy repping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.