Welcome to Jester's Trek.
I'm your host, Jester. I've been an EVE Online player for about six years. One of my four mains is Ripard Teg, pictured at left. Sadly, I've succumbed to "bittervet" disease, but I'm wandering the New Eden landscape (and from time to time, the MMO landscape) in search of a cure.
You can follow along, if you want...

Friday, July 1, 2011

Behold! The future of EVE!

I had this e-mailed to me early this morning from a false-flag e-mail address from someone claiming to be a CCP developer.  It's one of the Establishments for selling NeX goods that will be made available to EVE Online players in the public areas beyond the "door that never opens" in your CQ, later this year:



No, I'm kidding.  It's one of the new MT stores in the Global Agenda patch released today.  Global Agenda is supposed to take place in a world where ecological catastrophe has reduced Earth's usable living space to a small fraction of what it is today.  The home city of the players sits in the middle of a vast desert.  The interior of the city is drab and somewhat dark... lots of steel beams and grey walls.

Needless to say, this store fits with the genre about as much as you'd expect, heh.  Put another way, it fits in GA about as well as it'd fit in EVE.

I have two captions for the second picture:
"Fan service?  No sir, we don't do fan service.  We sell fashion."
 and
 "Bob, I checked our player demographics, and it turns out that we're the only MMO on Earth with a worse male-to-female ratio than EVE Online.  But I say we just fuckin' go with it."
 Make up your own.  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.