Welcome to Jester's Trek.
I'm your host, Jester. I've been an EVE Online player for about six years. One of my four mains is Ripard Teg, pictured at left. Sadly, I've succumbed to "bittervet" disease, but I'm wandering the New Eden landscape (and from time to time, the MMO landscape) in search of a cure.
You can follow along, if you want...

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Fit of the Week: Bulldog Enyo

[Enyo, Bulldog]
Damage Control II
Small 'Accommodation' Vestment Reconstructer I
Tracking Enhancer II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II

Catalyzed Cold-Gas I Arcjet Thrusters
J5b Phased Prototype Warp Scrambler I

Light Neutron Blaster II, Null S
Light Neutron Blaster II, Null S
[empty high slot]
Light Neutron Blaster II, Null S
Light Neutron Blaster II, Null S

Small Hybrid Burst Aerator II
Small Anti-Explosive Pump I

Hobgoblin II x1


There was about a 45-minute period in EVE when this was a really good ship.  I post it now for historical value.  But who knows, maybe someone will get some use out of it.

This was my favorite heavy-hitting faction warfare Enyo, circa late 2009.  At the time, I was heavily into Gallente boats with Ripard.  I loved all things green and covered with blasters.  Small rigs had come out recently, and were cheap and easy to build.  This is a super-tight fit, and I make no apologies for that.  At the time, Ripard was also heavily optimized for flying T2 frigates and that's where I got the bulk of my early PvP experience.  You will need Advanced Weapon Upgrades V, Hybrid Weapon Rigging IV, plus a CPU implant to fly this.  I kept a CPU +3% in Ripard's head 24/7 (and still do to this day, where it continues to help with my second-favorite Claymore fit).

Still, if you can make this fit work, this Enyo is cheap, fast (for an AF) and hard-hitting.  With Null ammo, 200+ DPS will be the norm, and you'll find that you can effectively kite many other type of frigates, with an effective range on your weapons right out to the limit of your scram range.  Few will expect that of a frigate-class blaster boat.  Or, if you want to hug something big close, swap out for faction Antimatter and you'll do 250+ DPS in a tight orbit.  The Tracking Enhancer helps with both.

I got into the habit of putting my empty slot in the middle of the rotation with this ship.  Overheating heat damage is supposed to "wrap around" from the top to the bottom slots, but I find in practice that this doesn't always happen.  As a result, even today, if I have a utility high, I tend to put it in the middle of the guns rather than on one end or the other.  When flying this ship, I would often charge into battle and then hit all three "overload rack" buttons, then see what threatened to burn out first (hint: it was invariably the MWD).  So... yeah.  Carry some paste.  ;-)  100-150 units will be enough.

The rest of the fit is pretty straight-forward for solo work.  Fitting a repper was something I started doing after finding how much I liked it on my Taranis fit and becoming uneasy because the slightly bigger Enyo didn't have it, too.  ;-)  You can use a faction repper instead if you like.  But I tended to fly Enyos as throw-away ships, particularly in LOL-T1 cruiser fleets where they excelled as tackle.  An Enyo fit in this manner costs about the same as a T1 cruiser, if the cruiser is T2 fit.  Even the T2 rig isn't very expensive, but I built those myself.  For a while, my favorite ship for T1 cruiser roams was a Kitsune, but with the spread of HACs, those became way too fragile.  The Enyo is much tougher, and at the end of the day, much more effective.

And of course, if you're badly outnumbered, a frig in the middle of a bunch of T1 cruisers will probably get away whereas a Rupture might not.  ;-)

So, in today's EVE, consider this ship for what it is: cheap, disposable heavy tackle, fun for learning light ship tactics and maintaining transversal velocity.  Take it out on your corp or alliance's next LOL-T1 cruiser roam and I think you'll be pleased.

Fly suicidal.  ;-)

2 comments:

  1. How would you fit this post Crucible? I just got into AF's and have only flown the Jag so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started with this:

      [Enyo, Bulldog]
      Pseudoelectron Containment Field I
      Small 'Accommodation' Vestment Reconstructer I
      Tracking Enhancer II
      Magnetic Field Stabilizer II

      Limited 1MN MicroWarpdrive I
      J5b Phased Prototype Warp Scrambler I
      X5 Prototype Engine Enervator

      Light Neutron Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S
      Light Neutron Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S
      [empty high slot]
      Light Neutron Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S
      Light Neutron Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S

      Small Hybrid Burst Aerator II
      Small Anti-Explosive Pump I

      Hobgoblin II x1


      Then I decided I wanted a NOS to help run the SAR, and changed it to this:

      [Enyo, You're Fired]
      Damage Control II
      Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
      Adaptive Nano Plating II
      Small Armor Repairer II

      Limited 1MN MicroWarpdrive I
      J5b Phased Prototype Warp Scrambler I
      X5 Prototype Engine Enervator

      Light Ion Blaster II, Void S
      Light Ion Blaster II, Void S
      E5 Prototype Energy Vampire
      Light Ion Blaster II, Void S
      Light Ion Blaster II, Void S

      Small Hybrid Burst Aerator II
      Small Anti-Explosive Pump I

      Hobgoblin II x1

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.