Welcome to Jester's Trek.
I'm your host, Jester. I've been an EVE Online player for about six years. One of my four mains is Ripard Teg, pictured at left. Sadly, I've succumbed to "bittervet" disease, but I'm wandering the New Eden landscape (and from time to time, the MMO landscape) in search of a cure.
You can follow along, if you want...

Monday, August 8, 2011

Quote of the Week: Browsing

Seen on Twitter.  It tickles me, for a couple of reasons:
got an email about free Aurum on one of my EVE accounts, browsing the NeX thinking about what it spend it on #eveisreal
Who posted it?  Oh, some guy named Hilmar.  ;-)  That's the first thing that tickles me.

The second thing?  I assume Hilmar got the same 1000 AUR that the rest of us got.  And there's only one item you can spend 1000 AUR on.  No need to browse, Hilmar.  ;-)


  1. Them magic boots are selling for less than 12M ISK now on the market, so that means 1 AUR = 12000 ISK. How's that for deflation? lol

  2. CCP's CEO should fire that Hilmar guy!

    Seriously though - he tries being cool and awesome, but it's obvious that he's disconnected from the reality that we all live in.
    And it happens every time he opens his mouth - it happened at the Fanfest right after the presentation of Future Vision trailer, it happened during the launch of Dust 514, and several times on Twatter.
    It looks something like this:
    Hilmar: "It's awesome! right guys! AWESOME!!!"
    Real People: "No!!!"
    Hilmar: "Yeah! I knew you'll love it!"

    This reminds me of Emperor's New Clothes short story by Hans Christian Andersen - the difference is that the Emperor seems to be deaf.


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.