[00:27:43] * > i thought he would do it straight up, no cheatingOne pilot was bitching that he hadn't gotten the "straight up, no cheating" 1v1 that a can dropped outside of the main Amarr trade station seemed to promise him. He quickly received an education in Local to follow the education he apparently had received during the fight itself.
[00:28:15] * > The only straight-up, no-cheating 1v1 fight happens 150 kilometers down a frigate-only L1 mission acceleration gate.
[00:28:21] * > Any other 1v1, you should just assume the other guy's gonna cheat.
[00:29:00] * > *while fleeted
[00:28:29] * > ^ so true
In any kind of high-sec 1v1 fight, you should pretty much assume that the other guy will:
- get his buddies to undock and rep him;
- get his buddies to log in and rep him;
- get you to take from one of his corp's cans so that his whole corp can attack you;
- get you to take from a buddy's can so that the buddy (in something sniper-fit and/or nasty) can attack you;
- have officer mods fitted;
- use boosters, particularly illegal boosters;
- have Snakes or Slaves or Halos or Crystals fitted; and,
- have an off-grid booster that he is fleeted up with.
EVE 1v1 fights are exactly like gladiatorial games in the Roman Colosseum... except the spectators are all given crossbows and slingshots and are told they can help the gladiator they like more. ;-)