Hi I'm a tdf fc. Jester you have all of the facts wrong in post bud. You completely took away all of the truth of the drama and inserted your opinion instead of stickin to the facts. Next time - please feel free to contact tdf or btl.He was commenting on my most recent post regarding the BTL/TDF incursion drama. Normally I don't get into point-by-point rebuttals, and I'm not going to this time, either. Still, this comment deserves a bit of a response.
1) btl does pvp roams for fun
2) no the fcs in btl and tdf have NOT received bans bcause they want the community to go to low sec. They did it to grief.
3) Raver made a public statement in btl on audio to tell everyone how happy he is to make people mad
This has nothing to due with "fcs" wanting to go to low sec. There is 0 division right now in tdf/btl leadership on starfire angel or raver. They broke the agreement, they acknowledged what they had done, they laughed. As such they are banned from both channels.
First off, and most simply: it is not my job to take BTL/TDF's side on every issue. Nor do I have to stick strictly with facts and keep my opinion to myself. That's not what my blog is about. My first post regarding the drama stuck to a factual accounting of what happened with Raver, and was accurate enough to be posted as the MOTD in both the BTL and TDF channels, and was frequently linked to by BTL/TDF leadership as the post for people unfamiliar with Raver's actions to read about what he had done.
That, in itself, should be proof enough that if I want to stick to the facts, those facts will be accurate.
But "Practical applications" was opinion, not fact, and I clearly stated it as such. Even then, though, I made it very clear in the post that I was not condoning Raver's actions. I also stated flat out in the post that his intent was almost certainly to grief people. And I never said in Practical applications that I thought Raver and starfire were banned for wanting to lead low-sec incursions. I said the opposite, in fact, that they had been banned for completing mom sites prematurely.
So, your accusation that my second post wasn't factual is rather open to question.
As to the larger issue, as I said above, though, it's not my job to take the BTL/TDF position in every post I make. I'm allowed to take contrary positions from time to time if I like. I frequently explore both sides of an issue, and sometimes do it in the very same post. As I've said before, if that makes me inconsistent, very well, I'm inconsistent. ;-)
But, since you're questioning my opinion of the facts in the case and inviting me to ask you questions about these issues directly, I'd be happy to ask you the questions directly:
- Are the BTL/TDF leadership frustrated about channel member unwillingness to enter low-sec?
- Are BTL/TDF leaders considering occasionally prematurely closing mom sites to encourage more channel members to join low-sec incursion fleets?
- Were Raver and starfire two of the FCs that had expressed frustration about this issue before they were black-listed?
- If they continue to prematurely complete mom sites in high-sec, will the BTL/TDF leadership black-list additional members of their fleets that help them?
I look forward to your responses to these questions.