Welcome to Jester's Trek.
I'm your host, Jester. I've been an EVE Online player for about six years. One of my four mains is Ripard Teg, pictured at left. Sadly, I've succumbed to "bittervet" disease, but I'm wandering the New Eden landscape (and from time to time, the MMO landscape) in search of a cure.
You can follow along, if you want...

Monday, November 21, 2011

Corp-mate to the Kill of the Week

I would like to celebrate a bit of truth in advertising:

I amused myself by submitting the word "awoxer" to urbandictionary.com and was rather surprised when my definition was accepted and published.  As I posted there, an awoxer is a short-term spy that, once accepted to your corp, goes after your corp's ratters or miners, attempting to sow mistrust.  As I understand it, the term is named after the original practitioner, who would set up these kills for his main with his various alts.  The alt would join a fleet with the PvE'er in a cloaky, warp to the PvE'ers location cloaked, then leave that fleet and join the main's fleet, at which point the main would warp in and destroy the PvE'er.  Easy kills.

Anyway, the name of the character involved in this kill was "IfYouInviteMe2Corp IWillAWOXYou", and sure enough, that's exactly what he did.  Like I said, you have to appreciate that level of truth in advertising.  In case the affected corp's CEO letter gets deleted from the KB, I reproduce it here in full (sic throughout):
Corp Ganker in our Corp
From: phae torch
Sent: 2011.11.21 19:59
To: Krannon of Sherwood,

ok folks... my fault... i Recruit thisa pilot.... IfYouInviteMe2Corp IWillAWOXYou, He is a corp Ganker as we suspected..... So be aware of him when he is online..... Ehan he dock/goes off line he will be out of corp.... HAve a good day folks. 
Whoops.  Why do I get the impression that while this is IfYou's first kill, it won't be his last?  ;-)


  1. It is indeed named after the character Awox, who was the guy who made the tactic famous.

    He's also well known for his love of pounders.

  2. I chatted to Awox a few months ago. He didn't actually do a lot of 'join corp, kill blues'. He instead did a fair bit of monkeysphering before it became widely known.

    I do recall seeing an awoxer appearing on an old alliance's killboard a while back, but what do you expect when you recruit someone called Aitackle blus?

  3. Awoxing supercaps is the most fun anyone can have in EVE.

  4. One of the funnier awoxing alt names I've come across was AujW OellyX: http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/combat_record.php?type=player&name=AujW+OellyX#kills

  5. Hey Jester !

    Just wanted to tell you, i love your blog and you're now in my website reading rotation at work, daily :)

    Keep up the good work man, and thanks for the so many posts every day !

  6. Haha, I'm that ganker and I'm here to say, damn you for posting this because you just cockblocked me from getting another sweet barge kill

    cheers guys

  7. Anya idanko > do you know this guy? IfYouInviteMe2Corp IWillAWOXYou
    cklm > nope
    Anya idanko > try to google his name
    cklm > http://jestertrek.blogspot.com/2011/11/corp-mate-to-kill-of-week.html
    Anya idanko > yep, he's him
    Anya idanko > so, how's going?
    IfYouInviteMe2Corp IWillAWOXYou > heh
    IfYouInviteMe2Corp IWillAWOXYou > I'm just chilling here
    IfYouInviteMe2Corp IWillAWOXYou > don't know what all the fuss is about

    Damn you Jester!

  8. you may think yourself a 'bittervet' but you're still a terrible pubbie to the rest of us.

  9. I predict the furor will die down and IfYou will be awoxing again in no time. ;-)

  10. That reminds me of when my some stupid corp in my alliance allowed Gobbins in. _sigh_ There's always one.

  11. Actually I was getting along quite well with them, before I killed the hulk of the moron who accepted my app of course. Rolling a new alt now probably because everyone just googles the name now.

  12. Checking Google for an applicant's name is standard procedure for any corporation with half a brain to share between the CEO and recruitment officer ;)

  13. you say that now, but I just got accepted in another corp again

  14. http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=11668171
    possible kill of the week for next week :D


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.