Welcome to Jester's Trek.
I'm your host, Jester. I've been an EVE Online player for about six years. One of my four mains is Ripard Teg, pictured at left. Sadly, I've succumbed to "bittervet" disease, but I'm wandering the New Eden landscape (and from time to time, the MMO landscape) in search of a cure.
You can follow along, if you want...

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Pic of the Week: Professional killers

If you haven't been following the news today, a group of CCP employees took a small gang through New Eden today.  I've been working, so I haven't heard how it went yet, but given this hilarious pic, courtesy of on Twitter, I can guess:


I loves me this picture.  ;-) EVE has created quite a cadre of professional killers, hasn't it? Hee! If someone has some of the kill-mails, feel free to post them in comments. I'd love to see them.

9 comments:

  1. I don't believe anyone's seen them. Actually, AFAIK, it hasn't actually happened yet. The news post says

    "Scope would advise all capsuleers to be on high alert over the next 24 hours, especially in low security and null security areas in which CONCORD do not operate.

    It is unknown at this stage of the exact time of the impending Incursion. Pilots are advised to keep a close eye on unusual activity in the local channels."

    Though for every person who's noticed this there appear to be nine flailing around on the forums going, "lol CCP u 2 stupid 2 use gates".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious picture! I think the event is a neat idea. The negative reactions from bittervets on FHC to it leave me shaking my head. FFS, people, lighten up. I've been one of CCP's worst critics but even I know a fun idea from them when I see it. For devs to roll out a fleet of everyday ships to rumble with capsuleers on a level playing field...well, that's cool! And fun! Personally, I think they should do it more often.

    If people can't see where the fun is in this kind of thing, maybe they should chug five pounds of Karo Syrup and take off their Way Too Serious hat, then revisit the matter.

    Sorry for my tangential rant, Jester, but I feel better now. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. It's a great idea. I have to amusingly echo the comments I've seen that the CCP fleet should be required to fly Gallente ships, though. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I noticed when I signed in this morning to update my station trading orders before heading to work that the daily reminder was something like, "Remember, don't fly anything you can't afford to lose - especially today!" I thought something might be up.

    Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Found at least one major battle:
    http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=11652615

    The CCP fits are fairly terribad, but they DO come with the compensation of PLEXes (and Incarna garments) in cargo, if you're into that sort of thing. ;-)

    Wish I could participate... :-(

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pic was posted long before the event started. It was a prediction of events yet to occur, not of ones in the recent past.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.