Welcome to Jester's Trek.
I'm your host, Jester. I've been an EVE Online player for about six years. One of my four mains is Ripard Teg, pictured at left. Sadly, I've succumbed to "bittervet" disease, but I'm wandering the New Eden landscape (and from time to time, the MMO landscape) in search of a cure.
You can follow along, if you want...

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Sub rose

Just a quickie.

The White Rose Conventicle, despite a ridiculously overwrought name, is quickly becoming a favorite place for me to visit.  Part blog, part news site, part gossip rag, it's entirely possible that over time, this site might start competing with EVE News 24 (riverini, take note).  The content is the strong point: the site covers a bit more "off-the-wall" sort of topics compared to a lot of sites.

It's not perfect.  The layout is kind of a mess, and the style varies wildly.  The latter will probably get worse as they pick up additional writers.  But the framework has definite potential and as I said, it's becoming one of my favorite EVE websites thanks to the content.

Yesterday/today, they did a terrific analysis of the market value of Aurum.  It's a topic that I'd considered tackling here, and Yukionna, the piece's writer, does a great great job with it.  It needed one more editing pass to tighten it down some, but other than that, I couldn't have written a better piece on this topic myself.  Go give it a read.  It's worth your time.


  1. Good stuff, I've added them to my blogroll.

    She's wrong about oxytopes though, I've sold some recently at 1999 isk. And Goons are still actively ganking:

  2. Have you been able to get the sites RSS feed to work?

    Sadly, while the site seems interesting, their RSS feed seems broken/unavailable. Sites which require me to visit to see if there is anything new don't get visited....

  3. The statistics I really wanted to see about NeX is a bit different: the percentage of players that have at least one account that acquired vanity items, either through the market or directly by NeX, but not blurring the figure with the free aurum given to each active account.

    After looking at the market history and making (quite a lot of) assumptions, I estimated something around 2 or 3 percent.

    But, as I said, I had to make many assumptions so the final number could be quite different depending on the analysis.

  4. @Anon1459: that's a CCP internal metric. I am 100% certain that someone in CCP has that number. But CCP is doing everything they can lately to hide internal metrics.

  5. Sneaky RRS/Atom feeds were hidden but "discoverable." Now they show their faces a ways down the left column.

  6. thanks for pointing me to this great site!


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.