- Amarr Destroyer/Ammo Package, including Destroyer skillbook, 3 Coercers, and 24 of each Small Imperial Navy laser crystal;
- Minmatar Destroyer/Ammo Package, including Destroyer skillbook, 3 Thrashers, and 10k of each Small Republic Fleet projectile ammo;
- Caldari Destroyer/Ammo Package, including Destroyer skillbook, 3 Cormorants, and 10k of each Small Caldari Navy hybrid ammo;
- Gallente Destroyer/Ammo Package, including Destroyer skillbook, 3 Catalysts, and 10k of each Small Gallente Navy hybrid ammo;
- a Zephyr;
- a Primae;
- an Echelon;
- a Hardwiring - Genolution Core Augmentation CA-1;
- a set of all five Basic Attribute Implants (+3 bonus to each attribute);
- an Attribute Remap;
- a set of four Standard Boosters: Drop, Exile, Blue Pill, and Crash;
- a set of five Quafe Zero Boosters;
- a set of 1000 of each of the four new POS fuel blocks;
- a set of one of each of the BPOs to produce those fuel blocks;
- 10 of each Medium Imperial Navy Laser crystal;
- 5 of each Large Imperial Navy laser crystal;
- 5k of each Medium Republic Fleet projectile ammo;
- 2.5k of each Large Republic Fleet projectile ammo;
- 5k of each Medium Federation Navy hybrid ammo;
- 2.5k of each Large Federation Navy hybrid ammo;
- 5k of each of the four Caldari Navy Heavy Missile ammo and Heavy Assault Missile ammo;
- 2.5k of each of the four Caldari Navy Cruise Missile ammo and Siege Missile ammo; or,
- 2000 Aurum.
A few interesting questions arise, though. Which gifts are worth more? Well, I sat down and worked it out. All of these values are approximations, but probably fairly good approximations. You can, of course, make your own approximations of each as well.
|Amarr Destroyer/Ammo Package||59.775m|
|Caldari Destroyer/Ammo Package||58.175m|
|Gallente Destroyer/Ammo Package||58.175m|
|4000 Fuel Blocks||55.000m|
|Fuel Block Blueprints||52.000m|
|Minmatar Destroyer/Ammo Package||46.175m|
|Basic Attribute Implant Set||42.450m|
|Faction Medium Missiles||40.000m|
|Faction Medium Hybrid Ammo||38.000m|
|Faction Medium Laser Crystals||36.000m|
|Faction Large Laser Crystals||36.000m|
|Faction Large Missiles||35.000m|
|Quafe Zero x5||30.000m|
|Faction Medium Projectile Ammo||30.000m|
|Hardwiring - Genolution Core Augmentation CA-1||??.???m|
|Faction Large Projectile Ammo||25.000m|
|Faction Large Hybrid Ammo||25.000m|
|Four Standard Boosters||22.000m|
How did I come up with these values? In most cases, I just checked the market or EVE Central. I did not look up the values of every little type of ammo. Instead, I picked a couple of popular types, then averaged them with a couple of unpopular types, to get their values. A few of the items deserve special attention, however.
The Zephyr, Primae, and Echelon were all past holiday gifts. Their value is set based entirely on their rarity. The current values are more or less accurate and reflect -- quite frankly -- the number of those ships that have been destroyed. The Echelon, for instance, is nearly worthless since very few have been destroyed. As more of these one-release ships are destroyed, the value of the remaining ones should go up. The Interbus Shuttle is a good example here. While one of these ships could initially be purchased for 20 million ISK or so, over the years, their value has escalated. Quafe Zero is also a product with a limited number of examples in the field, and as they are consumed, the value of them is also going up. Currently, Quafe Zero is selling on contract for between 5 and 6 million ISK per unit.
In much the same way, the value of the Genolution implants is going to vary based on the number of people who get podded while using them. Still, I expect the value of these implants to settle in around the 25-30 million ISK mark over time, consistent with the other comparable fitting implants.
The cost of fuel blocks is currently in flux. The new blocks don't go into production until January 24. In the meantime, though, the aggregate value of the products that go into most of the fuel blocks is about 12,500 ISK per unit, with the exception of the Gallente blocks, which use Oxytopes and are therefore worth more. The fuel block blueprints, similarly, are currently selling for about 13 million per unit on the market.
I chose the value of Aurum based on the excellent analysis done at the White Rose Conventicle that I referenced the other day.
As a result, the value of the bulk of these holiday gifts is between 30 million and 50 million ISK for most of the gifts.
Which leaves one gift... an attribute remap. And this... is... interesting! What is the value of an attribute remap? It is completely worthless on the market, of course. CCP has made noises in the past of selling "remaps for PLEX", a plan that was shouted down by the players and by CSM5. And yet here it is again, this time as a free gift. Surely, players can't complain about a free gift, can they?
I have absolutely no doubt that it's going to be one of the most popular gifts. So, no, players are unlikely to complain about a free gift.
Is an attribute remap worth 30-50 million ISK? If players could buy remaps for this price on the market, would they? Absolutely! In droves! And yet they can't... except that this year, they sorta can. ;-) Very coy, CCP. I approve.
And that concludes my 500th post on this blog. :-) I'll have more to say about this milestone a little later this week.