Welcome to Jester's Trek.
I'm your host, Jester. I've been an EVE Online player for about six years. One of my four mains is Ripard Teg, pictured at left. Sadly, I've succumbed to "bittervet" disease, but I'm wandering the New Eden landscape (and from time to time, the MMO landscape) in search of a cure.
You can follow along, if you want...

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Pic of the Week: Ganknight

Highly deserving of POTW honors:


You can read all about how this managed to happen over at the Through Newb Eyes blog.  Go read.  It's worth your time.

My favorite part of this screenshot is the spectacle of a scout without a point, though.  If you remember nothing else about scouting, remember this: guns optional, MWD and point not.  It's a miracle (and stupidity on the Rorq's part) that this Rorqual didn't escape by just jumping away.

All in all, though, sounds like it was a lot of fun!

11 comments:

  1. putting in my request for a jesters scout guide.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kel - do you mean something like this:
    http://jestertrek.blogspot.com/2011/03/class-pvp-102-fleet-scouting.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is his point not in the high row or are we looking at another ship?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my ship, and I wasn't the scout ;)

      Delete
  4. True, first slot of the first row seem a lot like a point to me too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In defense of afore mentioned scout (being me) I wasn't intending to scout when we left Sendaya ;-)

    And on Ganked nights if you're not scouting you better fit a sebo if you want to be on any killmail at all hence the lack of a point had I planned on being a scout, I would have not only fitted a point and web but also vampires to keep said point rolling :)

    I had warped to cyno and set orbit on it merrily killing it (presuming that what ever had used it had left already) when while orbiting I knocked the Rorq out of cloak, never in my life have I hated myself SO MUCH for being a sebo fitted kill mail whore, and never will it happen again (seriously I'd have never have forgiven myself had that thing warped I was attempting to bump it like a madman).

    ReplyDelete
  6. To be fair to Kaeda (who scouted the Rorq) he wasn't supposed to be scouting. In typical RvB Ganked style, the disorganisation meant we had no proper scout at that point. So Kaeda stepped-up and was flying a jump or so ahead of the fleet, just so we didn't jump blindly into a blob - he warped to the Cyno to see what was there...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pic wasn't taken by the scout, read comments in fleet, also for the love of god don't take anything that happens on a ganked night seriously.

    o7
    Dracoth Simertet
    RvB Red Fed

    ReplyDelete
  8. ::grins:: You guys DO realize the mocking you would have taken had the Rorq just jumped away from your "scout", right? I would be remiss if I didn't point out that the guy in the front of the fleet has to be able to hold things down, no matter how serious a Ganked night is. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well actually I was scouting, and had a point - well till I lost my ceptor to a Tornado on a gate ;-) and was reshipping when they came across the Rorq. I took over again a jump or so later.

      You should come along on the next RvB Ganked roam and laugh at us as we go! Anybody is welcome!

      Delete
  9. top damage \o/

    Course, I was in a lol fit wolf with 3 gyros and a sebo >.>

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.