Welcome to Jester's Trek.
I'm your host, Jester. I've been an EVE Online player for about six years. One of my four mains is Ripard Teg, pictured at left. Sadly, I've succumbed to "bittervet" disease, but I'm wandering the New Eden landscape (and from time to time, the MMO landscape) in search of a cure.
You can follow along, if you want...

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Comment of the Week: Asshat

It's not often that a comment around here makes me laugh out loud, but this one, left anonymously attached to my Snapcount post, did it.  I reproduce it in full:
Jester, I often disagree with you and have made several comments to indicate that. Posts like this are probably why I dislike you most. You made perfect sense and used hard numbers. I makes if very difficult for someone like me who regularly disagrees with you to dislike you personally. Further it really makes me feel like an ass when I don't agree with you and I begin to question my own perspective on those occasions.

It would be helpful to me if you could come up with a nonsensical asshat post filled with untruths to make me feel better about myself.
No problem.  I'll get right on that.  ;-)  Thanks for the comment!

10 comments:

  1. Karbox DelacroixMarch 6, 2012 at 7:57 PM

    Jester, what are your opinions on politics and/or religion and/or abortion?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you think about sluts, and women needed to be paid, so they have the luxury of sleeping around more?

    The death to all blogs question.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I were less pretty, would you still love me for what I am?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugleb, we all love you :)

      Delete
  4. If I just went ahead and left my dick here. Would it be fully satisfied when I returned?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Off topic.
    Jester, do you have any idea why male players chose female characters?
    And thank you for L4 missioning Part 3.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In a lot of cases, it's strategic: males operate from the mistaken impression that other males might not shoot them if they look female. They learn differently pretty quick, but by that time, it's usually too late to switch.

      There's also still a certain association in EVE player's heads regarding female characters. I know a very successful corp spy that uses a female character and almost NEVER talks on Teamspeak in the corps he joins. On the rare occasions he has to, he gets his GF to speak for him. That leads his corp-mates to believe that he's a female trying to avoid male hazing. It's *extremely* effective for him, and I don't think it'd be half so effective if he used a male character.

      Sometimes, it's just for reference for one reason or another: all my mains are male and all my alts are female, for instance. And a lot of times, it's just for variety: something different to look at.

      Might be a blog post in this, come to think of it. ;-)

      Delete
    2. Eh, I use a female character, but then again whenever I have to make a character I use the same name and if I ever have to pretend to be ingame character or something the personality is already set...

      Maybe I'm just lazy about character creation then.

      Also it can be from other MMOs, if you spend hours playing the game, some times poorly animated ass jiggle lets you finish grinding to the next level. Thankfully Incarna doesn't really work for that.


      Last thought: Some people just want to be a pretty girl on the outside.

      Delete
    3. Honestly - is there anything new to add to the topic of online gender roleplay, which hasn't already been said?

      Delete
    4. Karbox DelacroixMarch 7, 2012 at 3:47 PM

      Some of us just want to be pretty for once in our lives.

      Forever alone.

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.