Welcome to Jester's Trek.
I'm your host, Jester. I've been an EVE Online player for about six years. One of my four mains is Ripard Teg, pictured at left. Sadly, I've succumbed to "bittervet" disease, but I'm wandering the New Eden landscape (and from time to time, the MMO landscape) in search of a cure.
You can follow along, if you want...

Friday, April 27, 2012

Kill of the Week: Burn Jita

It was sorely tempting to go with this:

My word, this is a poorly-fit Legion.  Matter of fact, I'd be hard-pressed to point out something on this fit that isn't horribly wrong, except maybe the resist rigs.  But the 800mm plate, the Cap Rechargers, the lack of low slots for gank and tank, half the subsystems... no, no, no, no, and no yet again.  Bad Legion!  No biscuit!

Assuming the point to this fit was to gank ratters, here's an alternate "gank ratters" fit for this pilot's skill:

[Legion, Maddog Slone's Fixed Legion]
Damage Control II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Medium Armor Repairer II
Heat Sink II
1600mm Reinforced Rolled Tungsten Plates I

10MN Afterburner II
Medium Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Navy Cap Booster 400
Stasis Webifier II
Balmer Series Tracking Disruptor I, Tracking Speed Disruption Script
Warp Scrambler II

Heavy Modulated Pulse Energy Beam I, Imperial Navy Multifrequency M
Heavy Modulated Pulse Energy Beam I, Imperial Navy Multifrequency M
Heavy Modulated Pulse Energy Beam I, Imperial Navy Multifrequency M
Heavy Modulated Pulse Energy Beam I, Imperial Navy Multifrequency M
Heavy Modulated Pulse Energy Beam I, Imperial Navy Multifrequency M
Covert Ops Cloaking Device II

Medium Anti-EM Pump I
Medium Anti-Kinetic Pump I
Medium Anti-Thermic Pump I

Legion Defensive - Nanobot Injector
Legion Electronics - Tactical Targeting Network
Legion Engineering - Power Core Multiplier
Legion Offensive - Covert Reconfiguration
Legion Propulsion - Fuel Catalyst

I'm still not convinced it's optimal, but it's a hell of a lot better than what this guy was flying.  And it could hold off one stinking Daredevil.  And train for tech 2 guns for Heaven's sake!  Anyway, congrats to Dabigredboat on a fine kill.  I could fly in New Eden for a thousand years and not encounter such a bad Legion.  Some guys are just lucky.  ;-)

But no, in honor of Burn Jita, I'm going to go with this for KOTW:

Say hello to the very first freighter kill of Burn Jita.  The festivities got under way at 00:00 EVE time on the 27th.  As predicted, the word doesn't seem to have gotten out.  When I went to bed last night, this was the only freighter kill the Goons had racked up so far, but when I got up this morning, they were up to eight: six in Jita and two in Urlen.  The fun part of this little Charon is the Golem inside it.  According to one of the KB comments:
the wreck was just sitting there for the longest time with the golem in it
Whoops.  ;-)  Next time, Goons, stage a few Orcas in addition to all the Tornadoes and Thrashers.

I've been watching the fun and I'll probably have more to say about it later today or tomorrow.  In the meantime, if you want to keep score, the best place to do it is probably at this link.  As I publish this, the score is now... let's see... eleven freighters.  Including this one.  In the same way the Blue Ice interdiction wasn't limited to Blue Ice, Burn Jita doesn't necessarily mean burn Jita, guys.

Fly safe out there!


  1. That freighter kill - I was there (couldn't help it sorry)

    On a more constructive matter, some alternative kotws:

    hisec ~elite pvp~ that think you can pvp in shinies against The Blob: http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=13185671

    hisec ~elite pvp~ with no knowledge of hisec wardec mechanics:

    1. The irony of his shiny tengu is this:

      So, he lost two billion tengu in jita, but he killed a 33 billion vindicator the same month. I guess he still has some isk to spare ;-)

  2. Where did that Jita travel advisory on the login screen come from? Did CCP piss in the sandbox again or was it a paid advert from the Save Jita faction?

    1. Lovely question. Since it goes to the CCP website interactive map, I'm assuming CCP put it up.

    2. nothing new, remember CCP first tried combating m0o back in the day. now, i'm sure that wasn't intended to 'deal' with them but rather to get 'involved' with their sandbox. Glad they're taking a better approach this time, although it's a slippery slop because they're doing 'something' which means the whiny trolls on the forums will want them to do MOAR.

      I myself checked out the action in Jita and i was mesmerized watching a freighter kill. Goons are all -10 sec by now so seeing tonnes of goons undock...although, i will admit i'm confused by the default overview settings that don't have 'outlaws' blinky.

    3. except i didn't see any login screen advisory at all now. anyone else or was mordis just trolling?

  3. couldnt scoop a golem in a orca

  4. Packaged Golem is 50k. Cargo-rigged Orca holds 54+.

    1. Are you sure an Orca can open the wreck of a freighter? I thought only freighters could do that?

  5. Proof that they may not care if you are empty... This pilot was carrying only a shuttle...6.8 Biskies lost


    1. As we get closer and closer to the end of Burn Jita, just the fact that you're in a jump freighter will be enough to get you killed. Goons aren't being paid to bring any Tornadoes back to VFK.

  6. @Jester - Assuming that you slept for 4-8 hours, then 8 freighter kills during that period is a surprisingly low number. In an earlier post, I believe that you counted a lot more freighters going in/out of Jita per hour on an average day.

    So, clearly, a lot of folks *did* get the word, in advance.

    Also, TiDi is in effect in a big way. This is nothing new to null sec folks, ofc, but it is too painfully slow for many of the usual suspects of Jita. Just warping from 4-4 to any of the gates seems to take forever - so, even if they don't actually get shot, they don't want to play there.

    One person joked that it felt like he was playing on an original IBM PC with a CGA graphics card, using an 300 baud dial-up modem.

    On the plus side, a lot of high-sec "PVP" folks showed up to play with the Goons. I've made a bit over 2B ISK in T2 salvage and loot, just outside of 4-4! I love those Goons!

  7. Cool! I was in on that Insanamo one. We had to chase him down a bit. Thats ok buddy, we'll follow.


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.