Welcome to Jester's Trek.
I'm your host, Jester. I've been an EVE Online player for about six years. One of my four mains is Ripard Teg, pictured at left. Sadly, I've succumbed to "bittervet" disease, but I'm wandering the New Eden landscape (and from time to time, the MMO landscape) in search of a cure.
You can follow along, if you want...

Sunday, July 8, 2012

POTW: Shape of the future

So, just something that caught my interest:

CCP has been talking about moving technetium and other moon minerals to "planetary asteroid belts".  The mining ships are all getting a revamp come winter.  That's been in a dev-blog (which I'll talk about sooner or later).  And now, lo and behold, today we've been seeing multiple views of planetary asteroid belts.  And remember: AT fights take place on Tranquility.

Anyone smell something being tested?  The moon-goo nerf can't come fast enough...

EDIT (8/Jul/2012): See the comments for the actual explanation.  Apparently, that's a shattered planet.  Interesting, because I've never seen one before.


  1. As far as I'm aware that's a shattered planet - so it's not anything new.


  2. Looks like a pretty standart shattered planet to me?

  3. A corp mate tells me it's just a shattered planet.

  4. Oh, interesting! Never seen one of those before.

    1. There are only about 9 in all new-eaden so that's not surprising. I think there's a post on that EVE travel blog that details them?

  5. There is one right down in Syndicate if you want to go sightseeing: http://evemaps.dotlan.net/system/35-RK9/celestials

  6. Jester, go to Seyllin I and check dotlan, many shattered planets exist linked to the events in Apocrypha WHs.

  7. They said that ring-mining is being moved to next year in favor of a winter POS revamp. There was a [DevPost] thread on FHC about it.


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.