Welcome to Jester's Trek.
I'm your host, Jester. I've been an EVE Online player for about six years. One of my four mains is Ripard Teg, pictured at left. Sadly, I've succumbed to "bittervet" disease, but I'm wandering the New Eden landscape (and from time to time, the MMO landscape) in search of a cure.
You can follow along, if you want...

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Play style

Just an quick addendum to yesterday's post about Rote Kapelle's attempted Syndicate purge.

A couple of people have written comments or EVE mails to me to the effect of "How dare you tell other people how they should play EVE!"  OK.  Yes, I do realize that people are allowed to have any play style in EVE that they choose, in any region they choose to have that play style.  EVE is a sandbox.

But that of course includes Rote Kapelle.  Our play style for the foreseeable future will be to make absolutely miserable the lives of people who live in Syndicate only to Tornado-gank, run away when battle is offered, over-logi, over-Falcon, moon-mine atmospheric gasses, or care-bear.  "Beatings will continue until morale improves", as the saying goes, or at least until we get some fights.  ;-)

I think an image we're thinking about using at the top of our kill-board sums it up admirably:

So I apologize to you in advance if I don't respond to comments or mail aimed in that direction.


  1. Hmmm. It'll be interesting to see whether the little girl by the sand castle pulls a Sig .40 on the incoming Rote beach bully. Nullsec bears don't always play nice - as evidenced by the 'hit and fade' tactics you describe.

    Pick your targets carefully and use diplomacy to keep them from ganging up on you. Get too troublesome with the wrong bears and you might find yourself on the wrong end of a supercap blob. Bitch-slapping the neighbors is a door that swings both ways ;)

    1. I know writing this must sound pretty cool in your head, and I know you love to claim that bears have teeth, but this makes literally zero sense in the context of Syndicate.

      Literally zero.

    2. Confirm. Syndicatus Carebearus is a very different species from those from north, south, and east. Though occasionally clawed, the Syndicatus genus is born without teeth.

      For instance, I doubt you'd get more than 30 or 40 super-caps if everyone in Syndicate with one got into one fleet, and a good ten of them are probably Titans with literally no guns fitted.

      tbqh, we're kind of hoping that two or three Syndicate entities will gang up to fight us.

    3. Ah, it's all fun and games until someone gets an eye put out. See my rebuttal at http://fiddlersedge.blogspot.com/2012/10/the-scouring-of-shire.html

  2. Burn it down! Burn it all down...

  3. I LOL'd so hard my team at work think i'm loosing it :P

  4. Love it!!! Reminds my of watching Ed, Eddie and Edward cartoon. Simply Fantastic!

  5. Love your graphic Jester! From my bio: "Sandbox: An enclosed area filled with sand for children engaged in open-ended, unstructured, imaginative play. Also a place for cats to urinate and defecate..."


  6. I only wished one c o u l d build such castles in EVE...


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.