Welcome to Jester's Trek.
I'm your host, Jester. I've been an EVE Online player for about six years. One of my four mains is Ripard Teg, pictured at left. Sadly, I've succumbed to "bittervet" disease, but I'm wandering the New Eden landscape (and from time to time, the MMO landscape) in search of a cure.
You can follow along, if you want...

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Party in Goinard

Just a quickie.

If you have no other plans today, make your way over to Goinard in Sinq Laison, where blogger Nashh Kadavr is having a "I'm quitting EVE" party.  On the menu is a carrier he's going to undock in -- he's sec status -10 so even frigates will be able to shoot at him freely -- as well as his pod-kill, which will be worth 10 billion ISK to the person that gets it (ditto).  He's also raffling off three of his dreadnoughts and -- most interesting to me as a blogger -- he's selling his main character on the EVE-O forums.  As I understand it from his blog, the proceeds will be going to his soon-to-be-former corp-mates.

The event is at 2100 EVE time today, or a little less than six hours from the time this post is being written.

To my knowledge, this makes Nashh the most prominent EVE blogger to give up his main character since Mynxee did so a year ago.  And Mynxee's blog was pretty well inactive by the time she did that.  Nashh and I have much never crossed paths; his blog and mine run in nearly opposite channels.  He does personal experiences, fiction, and art.  I tend strongly toward big picture topics and meta.  Even so, I hate to see a popular blogger stop blogging.

It also raises an interesting conundrum for whomever picks up Nashh's main.  I wonder how many people will ping the buyer in game and ask why he stopped blogging, compliment him on the blog, or ask him if he's going to start writing again?  Kinda fun to think about.

Anyway, sorry to see you leave EVE and EVE blogging, Nashh.  Good luck with your event today!

17 comments:

  1. thanks man!

    being mentioned with the greats like mynxee makes my day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also quit EVE, but the accounts and items are still there. It's now apparent that I will never return. The game is just Call of Duty 4 in space/submarine simulator.

    How does one go about giving away acounts? I don't want to sell them since I don't want to get into the whole RMT thing. I also just don't want the hassle.

    Can somebody just give their accounts away? Can the person taking them get banned by CCP for it?I figured I would just post them and the first 2 replies can have them. They're both around 43 million SP with some good gear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'll take them! You need 2 plex to transfer them in a private (no isk) sale

      Delete
    2. Why should CCP bother who is paying the account?
      They will even never know. And you can move characters between accounts for PLEX.
      So you could give one to me, I will take care! :)
      giveittome4@web.de

      Delete
    3. You can sell them for ISK. the character transfer service is the legit way. I am not 100% sure on the minutia (npc corp, no assets, dunno about ISK).

      If either of your characters has industry skills (namely PE5) we should talk.

      Delete
    4. I have no subs and I'm not installing/ updating anything. Obviously, I don't see that selling for isk is something I'm interested in (selling at all for that matter). I was just trying to see if they can be given away without having to log in, and figure out how to go about it without any trouble.

      Delete
  3. Well, I gave it some thought, and gave them to the only one who provided an email.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry. This was supposed to be a reply to the above character giveaway. I sent them to giveittome4.

      Delete
    2. Wow, this seems to be really happening!!!
      You sent me the accounts! That's so awesome. I just need a Charactername for each account. It says, I have to type it in for security reasons...

      Delete
    3. I guess, you won't believe me, but this really has happened!!! This guy gave me his both accouunts! For real! I just have activated one at the moment... This characters has about 45000000SP and >1b isk. A lot of blueprints, (all types of ships, crystals, ammo etc) and some ships like a hulk or a T3 cruiser... That's soooo awesome!!!!

      Again thank you very very much!!!!

      Delete
    4. Glad you like it. Check out the second account too. If you couldn't before, you can now do PI (please God, no), scouting, exploration, PvP up to carrier (I don't remember if you can fly dread or not. i think so though), Command Shipps with most all training completed, almost all cloak ships etc. Enjoy! I did for a long time. Oh, the Helios set up is excellent, but get some practice in first. Same for the blockade runners. They both have one. Be good to them! QQ o/

      Delete
    5. As I was the intermediary for this transaction, I hope you'll remember me in a month or so when my yearly pledge drive starts. ;-)

      Delete
    6. I'm guessing you're talking about the guy who got the accounts. Obviously, I won't be donating any isk! ;)

      All this time i've been reading your blog and I didn't even know you had a pledge drive. Hm.

      If it's an out of game thing I would go for that though. RL money thing.

      Delete
  4. i saw nashh on the killboard and just thought it was another day in nashh's long derping career. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not to take away from Nashh and the Tusker FFA, but could I also direct your attention to http://mangala.rvbganked.co.uk/10k-rifters/.

    It was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. o/ cya nashh, SC brother

    ReplyDelete
  7. okay. Trying to remember them! =) Sending an email.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.