Welcome to Jester's Trek.
I'm your host, Jester. I've been an EVE Online player for about six years. One of my four mains is Ripard Teg, pictured at left. Sadly, I've succumbed to "bittervet" disease, but I'm wandering the New Eden landscape (and from time to time, the MMO landscape) in search of a cure.
You can follow along, if you want...

Friday, December 21, 2012

Guidebook 2012

Thanks to everyone who sent such kind words about the Implant and Jump Clones Guide that's been my obsession for the last couple of months.  I'm glad I was finally able to finish that one.  ;-)

As a reminder, I publish a ton of guides.  At any particular moment you want to see all of them, you can search for posts under the tag "EVE Guides".  Here's an overall look at the major guides that you'll find on this site:


Single Part Guides

Basic Decloaking: how to decloak a cloaky ship after it jumps into your gate-camp

Carrier-supported Ratting: using a safe carrier to enhance null-sec ratting ISK

Data Centers: what are data centers and when should you visit them?

Fast Warps: how to use a MicroWarpdrive to get any size ship into warp in 10 seconds

Gate Camp Basics: how to conduct a low-sec or null-sec gate camp for beginners

Incursion Tagging: how to follow tags in an incursion fleet, and how to tag rats yourself

Keeping Score: how eve-kill and Battleclinic calculate how many points a kill is worth

Overheating: how and why to overheat modules, optimizing the use of overheating

PvP Voice Communications: EVE battle language

Quick and Dirty Tacticals: how and why to create a library of warp-in bookmarks

Utility High Slots: what should you fit in the unused high slots of your ship?

Warp Drive: how you enter warp drive, how to prevent others from doing so


Multi-part Guides

Implants and Jump Clones: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5: What implants are and what they do, and how to create and manage multiple implanted jump clones

Incursions: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4: How to get involved in EVE's best source of PvE income

Moving to Null-Sec: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3: Once you've decided to move from high-sec to null, how do you go about it? What should you watch out for?

Solo Level 4 Missioning: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3: How to fit a ship to run L4 missions solo


PvP Class Notes

PvP 101: Fundamentals: some notes about the fundamentals of EVE PvP

PvP 102: Fleet Scouting: notes about how to scout for a PvP fleet and what types of ships are good at it

PvP 103: Electronic Warfare: notes about the use of the various types of e-war in EVE


Guides that I'm planning to write in 2013 include:
  • Moving to null-sec, part 4
  • Solo Level 4 Missioning, part 4 (plus an update for part 3)
  • Projectile ammo
  • POSs
  • Boosters
  • Basic T2 manufacturing
And I'm definitely going to scrap the current PvP Class Notes documents in favor of some really deep guides on this topic.  Matter of fact, those will be the first guides I do in the new year.

Have other suggestions for guides?  Let me know!  In the meantime, I hope all the guides I've written this year have been helpful.  :-)

4 comments:

  1. I think a boosters guide would be awesome. Im always forgetting which boosters would be best for which ships outside the ones I normally use (exile, crash).

    Something that would be helpful would be the actual math on how much of a difference in effectiveness actually having the booster skills make from not having them to level 3 to level 5. Just imo though =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, when I do my boosters guide, I'm going to do it to the depth of the implants guide: which skills to train, how far, and how to apply those skills.

      That said, it feels like a two-part guide rather than a five-part one. ;-)

      Delete
  2. From what I've heard of the new AI "Solo Level 4 Missioning" may need to be scrapped

    ReplyDelete
  3. Correct that as "Solo Level 4 AFK drone boat Missioning"
    Everyone else will just have to pay attention to their drones, which is rather easy as a solo missioner since you can easily see when they switch aggro off you in the overview.

    ReplyDelete