Welcome to Jester's Trek.
I'm your host, Jester. I've been an EVE Online player for about six years. One of my four mains is Ripard Teg, pictured at left. Sadly, I've succumbed to "bittervet" disease, but I'm wandering the New Eden landscape (and from time to time, the MMO landscape) in search of a cure.
You can follow along, if you want...

Friday, December 21, 2012

Happy Apocalypse Day!


Sign of the end times

Well, OK not really.

Did I mention that I ordered one of the Apocalypse models right before the EVE Store went down for the year, when it was $30 U.S.?  I did.  And it's pretty awesome.  Much higher quality and much heavier than I was expecting.  Was it worth $130?  Erm... no, not really.  But for what I got it for, it was a steal!  And The Art of EVE book that I picked up for $1 U.S. was a revelation.  It's a lovely coffee table sort of book, very well made, depicting the first six or seven years of EVE Online in a beautiful way.

I also bought an deck of EVE playing cards (meh) and a Guristas 2.0 shirt (awesome, but the fabric is a bit too thin for my taste).  Be interesting to see what the store has to offer when it reopens next year!

3 comments:

  1. That looks like a very nice model. If CCP was a US company it would be injection molded from cheap plastic in China and sell for $75 plus $7.95 S&H. Sounds like CCP provides higher quality at the expense of some profit. What a novel idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, this is made out of "polystone" according to the packaging, which I had never heard of. It's very heavy for its size.

      http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_polystone

      Delete
  2. "I also bought an deck of EVE playing cards.."

    A A A deck of playing cards!

    ReplyDelete