Welcome to Jester's Trek.
I'm your host, Jester. I've been an EVE Online player for about six years. One of my four mains is Ripard Teg, pictured at left. Sadly, I've succumbed to "bittervet" disease, but I'm wandering the New Eden landscape (and from time to time, the MMO landscape) in search of a cure.
You can follow along, if you want...

Monday, December 17, 2012

Pledge drive kick-off

Welcome to the last two weeks of 2012!  This weekend, I will be headed out for my holiday break.  And as I did last year, I'd like to wrap up the year with a little retrospective accompanied by a little bit of old-fashioned begging.

That's right: Jester's Trek Pledge Week is here.

Over the next four days, I'm going to list what I think were the 25 most important, influential, or favorite posts that I wrote this year.  As with last year, though, the "best of" list is definitely not the only thing I'm doing this week.  Other posts you can expect this week:
  • the final part of the Implants and Jump Clones guide;
  • a reminder of all of the EVE player guides you can find here;
  • a fun little video showing two small-gang T1 cruiser fights, plus a battle report and commentary;
  • a little examination of CCP Fozzie's likely over-arching ship-balancing strategy for 2013;
  • probably, a little philosophical post about F2P MMOs in general and DUST 514 specifically (though that one might have to wait until next year); and,
  • some initial commentary on the CSM December Summit, if some details from that leak out.
There's also a couple of other big posts that will be coming out before the year ends.

While I'm listing what I think my top 25 this year were, I'm going to be shaking my tin cup a bit.  As I said last year, I don't have advertising on this blog, I let you use your blog-readers ad-free without making you point a web browser to the site directly (unlike some EVE-related sites I could mention), I don't gank freighters, I'm not a scammer, and I'm not a corp thief.  What I do do is spend a lot of time writing about EVE instead of making money in EVE... and as a result, I'm generally space-poor.

So, if anything you've read on this blog this year has made you smile, made you laugh, saved your ship, made you some ISK, or otherwise gotten you through a boring work day, gate camp, tower bash, or fleet op, I'm here asking that you throw a little ISK my way.  It doesn't have to be a lot; just whatever you can afford.  Alternately, if you have assets or experienced characters scattered around that you have been too lazy to get rid of or don't want any more, those are just as valuable to me.  Contract them over or contact me about a character transfer and I'll find new owners for them or I'll put them to work myself.

Either way, send your contributions to Ripard Teg.  And let me know in an EVE mail if you want the fact that you contributed to be public or not.

I'll be shaking the tin cup over the next four days in the "Best Of" posts, concluding with what I thought was my best post of 2012 on Friday.

And if you don't want to contribute, that's perfectly fine, too.  I blog because I get a great deal of enjoyment out of blogging, not for profit.  If you just want to stop by and read, and maybe comment, that's certainly good too!  Thanks for reading my stuff in 2012, and I look forward to writing a lot more for you in 2013!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Jester

    I really like your blog and i´m reading your words on a daily basis...

    I would like to contribute to more space-fun for Ripard and more words from Jester (and Garth)

    I´m currently building ships (T1 and T2 not T3 and capitals) near Jita and I would like to donate one or more to Ripard, but.. what is he flying or what can he fly ?? (can´t find Ripard on eveboard.com)

    Regards

    -SkinCorp

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ripard can fly any type of T1, T2, or T3 sub-cap in the game except mining ships. He doesn't do capitals at all.

      I have alts that can fly Amarr and Gallente capitals, Rorquals, Gallente JFs, mining ships, and the Orca.

      Thanks for the question!

      Delete
  2. What exactly do you consider to be "space poor"?

    From your past posts, it sounds like you already have an impressive number of different types of ships, as well as a good number of high-SP alts.

    I can't believe that you have less than 100B ISK in wallet, toons and ships. Which would definitely make you *not* space poor.

    I don't mind contributing, but, as with US politicians, I do like to know if I'm contributing a dollar to someone who already has 50 million dollars.

    So, fess up, please - is that "tin cup" actually plated with gold-press latinum or what?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're correct in that most of my "assets" are my four main characters, three of them bought and paid for with RL subscriptions over an average of four years each. A good portion of my monthly income for that period of time went into PLEXes for a fourth main.

      Looking at it objectively, it's depressing to me how many of my most expensive ships were given to me. That includes my one dread (given to me by Rote in thanks for all the work I did on the AT10 team), most of my triage carrier (given to me by a Rote pilot I respect), and my three out of my four most expensive sub-caps (given to me by another Rote pilot, won in a Rote contest, and given to me in last year's pledge drive, respectively).

      I own zero super-caps of any variety, and only three other capital ships, two of them carriers that I use for moves. I should have put more time into doing FW button-orbiting, I guess, but I just didn't have time to do it and what time I did spend on it is still sitting in a small pile of implants in Hek.

      That PLUS all the rest doesn't add up to anywhere close to 100 billion ISK, but the exact amount is honestly (and with my apologies) not really your business. You can either choose to donate or not, based on the value that you receive from what you read here and what that is worth to you. I'm quite content to be judged on that.

      Delete
    2. Gods, on second read, that makes for some depressing reading, don't it? ;-)

      I don't want to give the impression that I'm destitute either, because that's not the case. I have just enough income per month right now to replace my PvP losses that month and buy myself one "something nice" per month. This month's "something nice" was my first Legion, which I haven't flown yet. Hopefully this Friday.

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.