Welcome to Jester's Trek.
I'm your host, Jester. I've been an EVE Online player for about six years. One of my four mains is Ripard Teg, pictured at left. Sadly, I've succumbed to "bittervet" disease, but I'm wandering the New Eden landscape (and from time to time, the MMO landscape) in search of a cure.
You can follow along, if you want...

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

CSM7 Incumbents

This is becoming a tradition around here.  Every year, I write a little post which I keep updated all through January and February indicating which current CSM members have publicly declared that they will be running for the next CSM.  With that in mind, here is 2013's version, starting today.  Feel free to bookmark this post and come back to it.  Here are the current CSM7 members who have said and not said whether they will be running for CSM8.

CSM7 members who have said in public they are running:

CSM7 members who have said in public they're not running:

Unannounced (in order of votes received in 2012):


This post will be updated as I learn more.  As with last year, I'll also put up a post in the next few days with interesting non-incumbents as they announce their runs.

EDIT (8/Jan/2013): Kelduum is not running, announced below in the comments.
EDIT (12/Jan/2013): Hans is not running, announced on his blog.
EDIT (17/Jan/2013): Alek is not running, announced on his personal Twitter. 
EDIT (18/Jan/2013): Elise is not running, announced on his Twitter.
EDIT (18/Jan/2013): Seleene is not running, announced on Reddit.
EDIT (18/Jan/2013): Issler is not running, announced in comments on Poetic's blog.
EDIT (20/Feb/2013): Trebor is running, announced in Jita Park.
EDIT (26/Mar/2013): Greene Lee is running and appears on the CSM Candidates page.  UAxDEATH, Dovinian, Meissa, and Darius do not and are not.

17 comments:

  1. I'm not running for CSM8 - I've mentioned it in a few places.

    However, I fully endorse Poetic Stanziel for CSM8.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right on. I'd missed those announcements. Are any of them up somewhere that I can point a link to?

      Delete
    2. Blogger profile registered Jan 2013, no link back to anything at all official of Kelduums, and an endorsement of Poetic.

      I smell troll.

      Delete
    3. Half of that statement is definitely a troll. But which?...

      Delete
    4. Hm, too right. I just assumed that the back half was a troll and might have stepped in it as a result. I'll ping him in-game.

      Delete
    5. It is me, just never bothered to update the image that Blogger account as I don't comment that often.

      And the account should be Jan 2012.

      Delete
  2. It's also worth noting that the "alternate" stuff doesn't mean much anymore, despite what the whitepaper says - the only difference being that the "Top 7" get the dubious pleasure of travelling to Iceland for 3 days of meetings, whereas the others can video-conference in from somewhere with daylight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a good point - is there a reason you continue to use the "alternate" designation when CCP no longer classifies the bottom 7 as "alternates", not to mention the fact that this council has arguably demonstrated that where candidates land in the voting results bears little resemblance to the kind of contribution they bring to the council?

      Delete
    2. The traveling-to-Iceland part is why I make the distinction. I suppose I could list the bottom seven as "non-traveling" or something but that sounds kind of silly (and for this year's December summit was inaccurate).

      "Mains" and "alternates" just continues to feel like the way to go on this.

      I agree that where one lands in the vote count often has little to nothing to do with the amount of work that candidate does.

      Delete
  3. Um... Jester, you might be trying to save money by reusing old calendars, but we're actually in 2013 now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder if Greene Lee will run again. He ran as the -A- and SoCo candidate, and there might not be be much left of that particular voter base, come the CSM8 elections. Haven't seen much of him in CSM7, either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Although he was ejected early on, I'm sure everyone will want to know The Mittani's status so you should put him on this list too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He effectively got kicked off the CSM in the same event as he was announced its chairman, and this post is about those who'll be in the CSM by the end of the term. Don't think Mittens should be on the list (although, if there is an announcement from him, go say something about it, Jester).

      Delete
    2. ^^This. I renewed my accounts when the PLEX price came down from 600m and have about a dozen votes to send his way.

      Delete
    3. The Mittani has already made clear that he will not be Goonswarm's candidate this year. That honour will go to Mynna, the head of the Goonswarm Economic Cabal.

      Delete
  6. Malcanis is running as an independent candidate (he is not the official HBC candidate or endorsed by the HBC)
    https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2447456&#post2447456

    ReplyDelete