Welcome to Jester's Trek.
I'm your host, Jester. I've been an EVE Online player for about six years. One of my four mains is Ripard Teg, pictured at left. Sadly, I've succumbed to "bittervet" disease, but I'm wandering the New Eden landscape (and from time to time, the MMO landscape) in search of a cure.
You can follow along, if you want...

Sunday, February 17, 2013

It's (semi-) official

I have now made it official:

Ripard Teg for CSM8

Or at least, as official as I can until CCP Xhagen publishes what the official process for declaring a CSM candidate will be.  That should happen in the next week or so with his dev-blog post.  In the meantime, if you support my candidacy, you can help by clicking the little "like" button in the upper right corner of the post.  I don't know if 100 "likes" will still be needed to be declared an official candidate but it couldn't hurt, know what I mean?  ;-)

You can also ask me questions on that thread if you like and I'll be happy to answer them.

I've also done another CSM-related interview, with Xander Phoena of the Crossing Zebras Podcast.  This one's a little less than an hour long, all of it me answering questions, some of them very tough questions!  I'd like to commend Xander on his being prepared and the great style that he applied to this.  Xander's also doing a great job of keeping track of everyone who has declared a CSM8 candidacy and has expressed interest in interviewing all of us.

In the meantime, undocked and hardeners on...

25 comments:

  1. I enthusiastically 2nd this nomination. I've only been reading this blog for a month or so but have found it an invaluable source of information. The FOTW series is excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just listened to the latest interview in full. I hope you get voted into CSM man. I really do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. undocked and hardeners on? Oh, you little minx.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck, been a fan of your blog, and a 'lurker' in eve for years. you got my +4 votes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best luck in the CSM8 election. Enjoyed listening to that interview!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Still undecided, though if the candidates this years are as bleak as they seem to be (partly due to people not running this year), you might get my vote. We'll see.

    That may not be a ringing endorsement, but it'll have to do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's been a while since I commented, but I still read the blog regularly and with great interest.

    I have been confliceted about you running for CSM ever since I began reading the blog, but I think you made the right decision this year and I'm excited to see what your term brings. You bring so much to the table and both CCP and Eve will benefit from having you serve. I haven't been subbed for some time, but I will re-sub just to vote for you. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Best of luck you've been a credit to the blogging community since you started writing and will make an excellent CSM rep. I particularly admire the way you don't just see the game through the tint of your own self-interest.

    ReplyDelete
  9. As a wormholer residing in a C6 with a major wormhole power, I am feeling incredibly disillusioned by the quality of the wormhole candidates put forward.

    Therefore you have my half dozen vote, and I will be encouraging my wormhole bros to do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have my nine votes, do not disappoint.

    ReplyDelete
  11. When can we expect to see Garth's endorsement of your campaign? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^This. Pretty much this. +2 votes and likes as well.

      Delete
    2. Hmmm... I imagine Garth as member of CSM...

      THAT should be fun xD

      Delete
  12. Liked & commented!

    Good luck with your election!

    ReplyDelete
  13. JAMES 315 FOR CSM!!!!

    ALL HAIL THE NEW ORDER!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Interesting interview. Thank you for taking the time and being open/honest... 3 votes here...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good luck. You had one of my votes even before an excellent interview and so certainly have it now.

    ReplyDelete
  16. lol. Garth would never endorse Ripard.

    You have my 4 votes, my 4 swords, my 4 axes.

    You can have my 4 ex's (they crazy).

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lol I want to see garths political pandering as well.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I listened to the podcast, that you spoke clearly and effectively to some awkward questions, demostrates a conviction about what you stand for.

    I promise nothing other than to mention you in my next mining fleet op - since I am usually one of the boosters. or BB guard :P

    ReplyDelete
  19. You belong in there alot more than MANY of the current members.
    Good luck and let us know what else we can do to support you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You describe yoruself as "EVE's most prolific and wide-ranging blogger".
    Today I read your last 15 posts. In the same time Low Sec Lifestyle published 21 aricles and Poetic Discourse featured 23.
    That said you will get at one or two votes from me for your CSM tenure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your support. :-)

      And to be fair to myself, I *did* say on the blog that output was down from Feb 5 to Feb 16 while I was on a business trip. How do I do for the month of January against my competition? ;-)

      Delete
  21. "In the meantime, undocked and hardeners on...", until they get neuted out, at which point post Retribution 1.2 you're in big trouble. :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. Although I am a wormhole person, you will be on top of my list for all 4 chars, I really hope you get elected, good luck with it.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.