Welcome to Jester's Trek.
I'm your host, Jester. I've been an EVE Online player for about six years. One of my four mains is Ripard Teg, pictured at left. Sadly, I've succumbed to "bittervet" disease, but I'm wandering the New Eden landscape (and from time to time, the MMO landscape) in search of a cure.
You can follow along, if you want...

Saturday, April 6, 2013


Just a quickie.

Sorry for the late notice, but I've been asked to be a between-match commentator for the Syndicate Competitive League tournament happening this weekend, today and tomorrow at 1700 EVE time.

I'm kind of a late substitution for this; one of the original commentators canceled.  This is kind of ironic because during the last SCL tournament in February, I suggested that there should be more between match commentary about the match just ended and the upcoming match.  So now I'm going to be doing it.

There's an irony here that I really don't appreciate...

Needless to say, I'm a little nervous about this.  It's live on-the-air, which doesn't bother me.  But there are going to be lots and lots of opportunities to make mistakes on-the-air, which does.  ;-)  I've never done anything like this, and I don't kid myself that it's easy.  It's going to be damned hard, in fact.  So it'll be interesting to see how I do.  I'll be commentating today with the charming Arydanika from the Voices from the Void podcast.

Wish me luck!


  1. Nah don't worry you'll do fine. Thanks for volunteering I really enjoy the SCL and am pumped to see it continue!!

  2. As you probably know, the first time you do something you'll probably suck at it. But the goal is to suck less each time you do it. Good luck Ripard, I'll be listening:-)

  3. Whatever you do, don't use the "n-word." Sacrificing your dignity for a few extra null votes just isn't worth it.

  4. Doing well so far. The other commenter is so chirpy it's quite funny. Makes an amusing contrast with you

  5. luck! and don't panic when you do frack up, EVERY commentator does it at one stage...

    1. Some actually do it for an entire weekend.

      Just don't be like Dolan and you'll do fine.

  6. "ripard be a peach and do xxx" ... LOL
    did very well from what I heard !

  7. I loved listening to you during Day 1! It was like having NPR in my internet spaceships, which was awesome :D I thought you and Arydanika did a great job!

  8. Good luck mate!

  9. 1st match:


    The sentry gilas are actually a very good counter to kroni/vindies. They work better when one of your gilas doesn't disconnect mid match though.

    2nd match:

    TEST 2013.

    (I flew both matches for test, so I can say these things)

  10. Excellent job all of you! Actually much much better than ATX and NEO!!!

  11. Still watching the replays, but I thought you did really, really well. I enjoyed your analysis immensely.

    Now that it's over, have you thought of continuing in the role and/or applying for an AT11 expert position?


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.