Welcome to Jester's Trek.
I'm your host, Jester. I've been an EVE Online player for about six years. One of my four mains is Ripard Teg, pictured at left. Sadly, I've succumbed to "bittervet" disease, but I'm wandering the New Eden landscape (and from time to time, the MMO landscape) in search of a cure.
You can follow along, if you want...

Sunday, September 1, 2013

POTW: Economy of scale

Whew! I'm back home from the summit, a trip that included a 26 hour day yesterday.  Note to self: don't let CCP fly me home through Boston any more...

Anyway, now that I'm back there's a dozen blog posts at least to catch up on, including the junk drawer, a summit wrap-up, a funny story I got to tell at the summit that I want to cover here also, a close-out on that little post I wrote right before the summit, and lots of other things.  No more of this one post per day BS; it's time to get back into robo-blogger mode for a while.

But for now, I think I'll start with this.  It's the Rifter USB hub that's included with the EVE Collector's Edition, with a dollar bill and a 1000 ISK note for scale.

It's on its stand, sitting inside the box top of the prototype CE that the CSM was shown in Iceland.  I wasn't kidding when I said the size of this thing is impressive.  I've shown this picture to a dozen or so people now, none of whom play EVE and all of them are very curious about that little artifact...


  1. It's very nice. Lots of space "weathering" and the cockpit lights up.

    As for long plane flights, that's just an added bonus of the infamous "free trip to Iceland".

  2. I was hesitant to buy the collectors edition ... but seeing this, lets say I can't wait to get mine.

  3. I just assumed CCP Soundwave had really tiny hands when they showed it on the AT stream.

    *shakes head*

  4. A dust collector with USB ports. No thanks. How much does the manufacturer in China sell them to CCP for? A dollar at most.

    Eh, CCP getting more revenue through EVE itself is a good thing I suppose.

    1. You must be fun at parties, telling everyone how the beer only costs $0.05 a liter to produce.

  5. Dear CSM Representative,
    Please tell CCP there's strong interest among players for this thing to be available outside of the special edition box for a reasonable price. Pretty please? :-D


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.