Welcome to Jester's Trek.
I'm your host, Jester. I've been an EVE Online player for about six years. One of my four mains is Ripard Teg, pictured at left. Sadly, I've succumbed to "bittervet" disease, but I'm wandering the New Eden landscape (and from time to time, the MMO landscape) in search of a cure.
You can follow along, if you want...

Friday, September 13, 2013

The Syndicate Syndicate

Over the weekend, I'm going to be stepping from being a sort of background player and occasional commentator for the Syndicate Competitive League to the role of main studio host.  SCL, as you know if you've been reading my blog for any length of time, is a nearly completely player-run EVE Online PvP tournament.  It features 12 teams competing in a New Eden Open format: each team may recruit players from anywhere in New Eden, putting ten ships on the field per match.  The bracket is double elimination, with very frequent matches over the course of the day for each winning team.  Matches for the SCL take place on Singularity, the goal of this being to eliminate ISK so much as is possible as a determining factor in the results.

Here's the match schedule if you'd like to take a look at it.  We get rolling at 1740 EVE time on both Saturday and Sunday, and broadcast for about five hours or so, depending on how the matches go.  Commentators this time are Elendar, Zao Amedues, Bacchanalian, and Apathetic Brent, and there should be a good variety of studio guests throughout both days.

Studio host is an entirely new role for me, and I'm frankly a little concerned about my ability to do a good job of it.  Hopefully, this is just pre-performance jitters.  But if you enjoy listening to me fall on my face for five hours straight, feel free to tune in.  ;-)  Or you can tune in for lots and lots of spaceship explosions, too.  Those, at least, I can guarantee.

Hope you tune in!


  1. Zao is awesome especially his beard

  2. Very off topic, but hey, at least it's a video;

    Consept battle from Elite Dangerous. I for one am looking forward to both this AND Star Citizen..

  3. Good luck to everyone playing

  4. Just remember, the laughter you'll be hearing isn't the audience laughing with you but them laughing at you:-) I know you'll do well. Good luck.

  5. You think Brent is Apathetic? Hah! Good luck to everyone involved, but I couldn't care less.

  6. Well this was fun was in my first ever match in anything. Quite scary and great at the same time. Got exploded but did my job. I didnt have time to listen to you rip, but i look forward to it. See you tomorrow, ill be fighting on!


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.