Welcome to Jester's Trek.
I'm your host, Jester. I've been an EVE Online player for about six years. One of my four mains is Ripard Teg, pictured at left. Sadly, I've succumbed to "bittervet" disease, but I'm wandering the New Eden landscape (and from time to time, the MMO landscape) in search of a cure.
You can follow along, if you want...

Friday, November 29, 2013

Picture of the week: SOE Battleship

CCP is getting into the habit of saving an announcement or two for major player gatherings to which they send developers. And this week's EVE Down Under was no exception. Pictures of the long-rumored Sisters of EVE battleship were revealed to the crowd there by CCP Fozzie:


No name or stats have yet been revealed to the public, but if you download a copy of that picture and zoom in, you might get some interesting hints. Two things are public: no covert ops cloaking ability and this BS will be very low mass, making it potentially attractive for wormhole use.

Stay tuned...

10 comments:

  1. I'm a little curious about that highlighted shuttle bay. I'm going to get my conspiracy theory tinfoil sombrero out, and openly wonder if this will be New Eden's first pocket carrier, capable of launching Fighters. SoE ships have show a consistently large drone capacity.

    But that's just simple wishing, and based on nothing but a funny yellow ship tacked onto the bottom of a concept drawing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And CCP Fozzy already stated that it was cosmethical.

      Delete
  2. So where we can get hi res picture?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would have hoped you commented on your opinion of the design. What do you think of it, I'm really torn between extreme like and dislike of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He probably can't do that because he has NDA'ed inside knowledge.

      Delete
    2. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. I kinda want to see it in space. The ring structure amuses me though, since the description text on the smaller ships implies it's the ring structure that makes its covert warping possible.

      Delete
  4. Maybe its the art or maybe its me, but it looks like the SOE BS front half could be rotational

    ReplyDelete
  5. TBH not the best design model. Do they have other design alternative?

    ReplyDelete
  6. According to the Static data dump the name is "Nestor" but this, as well as the ships stats might (and probably will) change.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not a good strategic using drones boat in WH

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.