Welcome to Jester's Trek.
I'm your host, Jester. I've been an EVE Online player for about six years. One of my four mains is Ripard Teg, pictured at left. Sadly, I've succumbed to "bittervet" disease, but I'm wandering the New Eden landscape (and from time to time, the MMO landscape) in search of a cure.
You can follow along, if you want...

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Pledge drive kick-off

Yup, it's that time again!

For you newer readers out there, every year during the last two weeks of December, I mix up my normal posting schedule with a little bit of old-fashioned begging. This blog doesn't have advertising, I let you use your blog-readers without restriction, and I spend a LOT of time thinking about EVE and then writing about EVE instead of playing EVE... which is where all this stuff you're reading comes from. So as I did the last couple of years, I'd like to have an old fashioned pledge drive.

'cause writing this blog every day isn't making me very much ISK. ;-)

So, if anything you've read on this blog this year has made you smile, made you laugh, saved your ship, gotten you a ship fitting you like, made you some ISK, or otherwise gotten you through a boring work day, gate camp, structure bash, or fleet op, I'm here asking that you throw a little ISK my way. It doesn't have to be a lot; just whatever you can afford. Alternately, if you have assets or experienced characters scattered around that you have been too lazy to get rid of or don't want any more, those are just as valuable to me. Contract them over or contact me about a character transfer and I'll find new owners for them or I'll put them to work myself.

Either way, send your contributions or your contracts to Ripard Teg in game. And let me know in an EVE mail if you want the fact that you contributed to be public or not.

As I shake my tin cup under your nose, I'm going to list what I think were my 25 best-written, influential, or generally favorite blog posts that I wrote here this year. They're mostly intended to remind you of why you visit and give new readers a chance to catch up on interesting older stuff. But again, there's lots more new content coming this week as usual.

CCP Unifex teased me at Fanfest this year that he was very curious how being on the CSM would affect output around here. Looking back at 2013, I'm pleased! I think I've kept up both quantitatively and qualitatively.

And if you don't want to contribute, it's all good. I write here because I enjoy writing. A little ISK wouldn't hurt, but I'm also happy with contributions in comments: arguments and praise show that I'm having an impact and that's what it's all about for me. If you just want to stop by and read (and argue), great! Thanks for reading in 2013, and I look forward to writing a lot more next year!

6 comments:

  1. I'm a broke player myself, but I like your blog and read it every few days. Keep on the good work. We are proud of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to give you billions of ISK if PVE wasn't so terribly boring it makes me think about quitting every few months my wallet dries out.

    PVE is like watching paint dry. Some PVE activites are better because you get paid more for watching the paint. Some PVE activites are more "fun" because you spend most of the time searching for a newly painted wall to watch or because you can watch the paint dry with friends. Some PVE activies are more "exciting" because you get a one-armed bandit at the end or because people are trying to shoot you while you watch the paint dry.

    Now if only someone could use their omnipotent CSM powers to give us a real PVE expansion that changed the drying paint to something amazing so I can spend all day earning ISK to donate to my favorite bloggers. ;)


    Or maybe it's terrible on purpose to sell PLEX. It must be very tempting to run a subscription based MMO with a F2P "pay to skip the grind" payment model hidden inside. Especially if they can get away with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you forgot something. that is a mmo with the largest amount of players on the same server.
      the fun part comes from player vs player interaction. if you dont like pve, you just need to find a way to get your money from other players. there are lots of ways how to do this. from providing them a service and get payed to killing their freighters or stealing their corp wallets.
      (or write a blog that everyone likes and ask for some donations at x-mas)

      only your brain sets the limit on how to make isk in eve.

      Delete
  3. "I'm here asking that you throw a little ISK my way. It doesn't have to be a lot;"

    what level of "not a lot" ?
    for some people 500k isk is not a lot, for others 500 mio isk is not a lot. or did you mean not a lot compared to our own wallet? ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm inclined to let players judge that for themselves.

      Delete
  4. Hmm.. I've been a carebear for at least a couple of years. What's more, I enjoyed it immensely - I *loved* doing L4s (especially after getting my Tengu). I haven't found anyone else to *say* so, but I suspect there are a lot of us not reading blogs or commenting on them, just enjoying our L4s.

    On the other hand, I will admit that switching to FW was even more fun. Except when I get blobbed, that still pisses me off.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.