Welcome to Jester's Trek.
I'm your host, Jester. I've been an EVE Online player for about six years. One of my four mains is Ripard Teg, pictured at left. Sadly, I've succumbed to "bittervet" disease, but I'm wandering the New Eden landscape (and from time to time, the MMO landscape) in search of a cure.
You can follow along, if you want...

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Space, the final frontier

What I did today instead of think about EVE or write about EVE:



When did Kerbal Space Program become so insanely fun?

Happy new year, everyone! I'll get caught up tomorrow: junk drawer, fit of the week, and I want to kick around the idea of alts in EVE for a post or two.

8 comments:

  1. KSP is one of the best games out there, it's awesome that you found it! Again...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I played it briefly a few versions ago and thought the promise was excellent. A lot of that promise has been fulfilled now, though!

      Delete
  2. I think it was around 0.18 for many people though 0.22/0.23 increased the value for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. FYI, It became insanely fun when they added other things to land on, and you first worked out how to do proper orbits.

    God knows how many hours I've lost to that game...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That probe on the second picture is such overkill, should easily be able to make Eve or Duna orbit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And so it more than likely shall, yes. I'm doing a LOT of standardized parts and builds. I've done 70-odd missions now and 50+ of them were launched from the same first/second stage which I've tweaked and tweaked so it's ultra-efficient and -reliable.

      Delete
  5. Jester, I recommend that you check out Scott Manley's youtube channel; he has some rather insane projects in KSP that you'll now be able to appreciate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Way ahead of you. I found his rendezvous and docking video the best, most concise tutorial on that topic. Very nice indeed! I'm still going through his other stuff.

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.