Welcome to Jester's Trek.
I'm your host, Jester. I've been an EVE Online player for about six years. One of my four mains is Ripard Teg, pictured at left. Sadly, I've succumbed to "bittervet" disease, but I'm wandering the New Eden landscape (and from time to time, the MMO landscape) in search of a cure.
You can follow along, if you want...

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Fit of the Week: Cyno ship hunter

So, I checked my notes today and discovered that this is Fit of the Week number 150. And since that's a round number, let's do something fun. And since it's me, it'll be something green and covered with blasters.

[Violator, Seriously?]

Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Tracking Enhancer II

Limited 1MN Microwarpdrive I
J5b Phased Prototype Warp Scrambler I

Light Electron Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S
Light Electron Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S


Hee! OK, yeah. I'm having a little fun with you. But that doesn't mean this ship is useless. I still think the pirate noob ships are fun. And as the title of the post implies, this ship has one purpose: cyno ship murder. It's particularly effective if you live in NPC null-sec. If a neutral cyno is lit in or near your home system, this is a ship to undock in to kill it.

I have one of these myself and you get called really entertaining names. ;-) Plus over time, if your corp's kill-board tracks kills by ship type, you'll eventually build up a lot of kills with a pirate noob ship.

If you want to put a bit of a tank on it, you can trade out one of the MFSs for a Damage Control II. That will cut your damage from 165 to about 140 but will almost double your "tank", from about 1100 EHP to about 1800 EHP. The mids are theoretically set up for PvP and this kind of ship is also entertaining for noob ship 1v1s and the like.

Anyway, it's not really a serious PvP ship. Just something fun to have in your hangar for a specific function. If you don't want to use the pirate version, the standard noob ship version is nearly as "good":

[Velator, Seriously?]
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II

Limited 1MN Microwarpdrive I
J5b Phased Prototype Warp Scrambler I

Light Ion Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S
Light Electron Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S

Hobgoblin II x2


Damage is only slightly less, at 154 DPS (and again you can replace an MFS with a DC if you like). In most other respects, this ship is the same. That said, if you want to have a bit of fun about a third of your DPS is coming from drones. Your ship speed is pretty good at 2500m/s plus. So if you're in a noob ship 1v1 you can kite a bit and apply some DPS, then roar in close for the kill.

The nice thing about the little green noob ships is that they're tops for damage of their type. That said, I'm still pretty sure I wouldn't fight an Ibis in one... ;-) If you are fighting an Ibis and you do get jammed, then use your superior speed to open range, let your drones cut into your target for a bit and hope that he misses out on a jam cycle. Noob ship fights can be pretty entertaining!

Anyway, just thought I'd do something fun for 150. On to 151 next week!


All Fits of the Week are intended as general guidelines only.  You may not have the skills needed for this exact fit.  If you do not, feel free to adjust the fit to suit to meet your skills, including using meta 3 guns and "best named" defenses and e-war.  Ships can also be adjusted to use faction or dead-space modules depending on the budget of the pilot flying it.  Each FOTW is intended as a general guide to introduce you to concepts that will help you fit and to fly that particular type of ship more aggressively and well. 

2 comments:

  1. Since you mentioned the godly velator, I shall link a recent velator pvp video \o/
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLTLDJd_qEk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Green ships ... which reminds reminds me -
    I meant to post this suggestion as an addendum to my ship requests for the New ship models on the forum. One of the questions CCP t0rfifrans posed was for suggestions of modelling materials to be used in the reboot of the physical ship models.
    There has been a lot of requests for airfix like construction kits, which goes counter to some of my personal sustainable preferences, BUT, if it is pleasing for you to do so, would you give t0rfifrans the nod towards this high-tech alternative?
    http://www.dw.de/liquid-wood-is-plastic-of-tomorrow-say-scientists/a-3938912-1

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.