EDIT (26/Mar/2013, 1630 EVE time): And now it's un-live again. Turns out it wasn't working with Chrome or Internet Explorer, only the in-game browser and Firefox. gg, CCP. So, there will be another day of delay. I've suggested that we just skip this step and go straight to the main event.
EDIT (26/Mar/2013, 1730 EVE time): And it's reported to be working again.
Click the bright yellow "Endorse" button and that's it. I'll update this post as soon as I pass 200 "endorsements" so that you can endorse other candidates if you wish. I myself hope that all 35 candidates pass this stage and there's really no reason why that shouldn't happen.
As I said, there are 35 candidates and we now officially know how many from CSM7 are running: two. That'd be Trebor Daehdoow and Greene Lee. Trebor seems a pretty easy lock to be re-elected. Greene Lee? That seems quite a bit trickier. He ran as a straight bloc candidate from Against ALL Authorities last year, and didn't do much of anything to expand his audience all year. -A- is down to about a quarter of its former self and if Greene Lee doesn't get himself a few allies, he's likely to be a footnote in this election.
The rest of the "undecideds" from CSM7 aren't running, and that includes UAxDEATH and professional CSM member Meissa Anunthiel. The full list is in my post from January.
Other interesting and/or surprising candidates or non-candidates:
- riverini, editor of EVE News 24 is running again.
- The official TEST candidate appears to be Banlish; but,
- Sort Dragon is also running (he's the new leader of the HBC).
- progodlegend is the official Nulli Secunda candidate (the first time they've had one).
- Unforgiven Storm is "running as an industrialist" but has a Goonswarm ticker. It isn't that Goons aren't industrialists; it's more that Goons spend a lot more time blowing up industrialists and I'm sure they remember. ;-)
- Bloggers Roc Weiler and Mike Azariah are running again.
- As is Korvin from CSM4 and CSM5 (he'll deserve a serious look).
- Marc Scaurus had to pull out of the proceedings, unfortunately.
- And finally, it's definite that The Mittani isn't running. I was curious if he'd surprise us all.
EDIT (27/Mar/2013): I have now met the endorsement threshold and will be in the full election. A big thank you to everyone who has supported me thus far! On to the main event in a week or so.
If you were holding an endorsement waiting to see if I made it this far, please feel free to give that endorsement to someone else. I fully support all 35 candidates moving on to the main event. Everyone who has been willing to go this far should be given that opportunity.