- Ali Aras and Sion Kumitomo taking the two permanent seats; and,
- DJ FunkyBacon;
- Major JSilva;
- Mangala Solaris;
- Matias Otero;
- Mike Azariah;
- Steve Ronuken;
- Sugar Kyle; and,
- Xander Phoena;
My initial "I've had 90 minutes to think about this" thoughts?
Things I'm happy about:
- Xander Phoena, Sugar Kyle, Steve Ronuken, and Mike Azariah! I can't tell you how thrilled I am to have these four on CSM. All of them were long-shots in a way and I'm so pleased that all of them made it! Congratulations, guys! Now the hard work starts...
- Ali Aras takes over the "Jester seat" as the permanent representative facing the Goon representative. I'm very pleased about that! Ali will do a great job and I think she's got the inside track to become Chair. Yes, she's arguably a Goon sympathizer. But she's also in a great position to show experience, good CCP relations, and the ability to bridge the CFC and non-CFC voices on CSM9.
- Ironically, I find myself happy that corebloodbrothers is on. I know a lot of you don't like him. But he's walking, talking proof that STV continues to work as it should. The Provibloc was highly motivated this year -- I'll explain why when I do a full analysis of the results -- it showed, and core got in as a result.
Things I'm surprised by:
- Wormhole turnout must have been terrible... simply awful. You guys should hang your heads in collective shame. You were a lock to get two seats, in particular for reasons which will become apparent in a day or two. Wormhole voters win the "TEST Alliance Award For Poorest Voter Performance" in the CSM9 election.
- Matias Otero. Certainly, he had the votes in terms of Brave Newbie support. But Brave voting seemed to be fairly fragmented and unenthusiastic during the voting weeks and Matias has been kind of a controversial sale. Still, that community apparently came together and did the job for him.
- No Russian member! I'll have to go back to previous CSM results and find out the last time that happened. Definitely, a good bit of this was caused by the semi-boycott Russian players apparently participated in that I mentioned a few weeks ago. But it cost them.
- Mangala Solaris. Though I shouldn't have been surprised. I completely underestimated his support. Not predicting he'd win was the one really dumb thing I did in my prediction post.
- No Psychotic Monk. I have to admit to being a bit pleasantly surprised, but yeah, surprised! This says the ganker/scammer community is not as large, organized, or motivated as I expected they'd be. I'll be very interested to see how many #1 votes he got.
Things I'm a bit sad about:
- This is a pretty CFC-heavy CSM, with a good size contingent of CFC members and CFC sympathizers. This is of course fitting given the CFC's strengths in New Eden. But having a wide variety of diverse voices is good for the CSM. If some of those sympathizers don't stay diverse, I'm going to be quite blunt in verbally kicking their asses on this blog.
- No DNSBLACK. Now granted, the guy is a lightning rod. But he would have made an excellent CSM and I'm sad he's not going to be part of it. He's the Roc Wieler of this election cycle.
- No Russian member, no "localized" client member at all. The CCP localization team is not gonna be happy, and with good reason. Still, did they promote the election? It'll be a good question for CSM9 to ask them when they come calling.
More to come after we see the full results and we start to see how this CSM comes together! But in the meantime, congratulations to the winners! Now I must go to a little Party.